Saturday, September 3, 2011

Restarant: Babin's Seafood Restaurant



Babin’s Restaurant


Full Disclosure: This restaurant is a family favorite.  This has become our special occasion restaurant of choice since we’ve been Katy residents. We tried to love Perry’s and that place is wonderful in every way…but a little pretentious (and Rhys can’t stand it). Add to that the fact that I’m such a Southern Louisiana girl that I am not really impressed by meat (even fancy meat in a fancy setting). It’s all about the seafood, and we all enjoy Babin’s.  Our last excursion was both a celebration of the last day of summer vacation, an in anticipation of the first day of school.

Traditional Louisiana flair:  This is one of those places that makes me homesick. I hear the opening to Treme’ when peruse the menu. I what can I say, I’m nostalgic…and you probably knew that about me before you click onto this page. At Babin’s you will be treated to a little je ne sais quoi. I can’t really put my finger on it but something about the place is authentic in the purest way.
The true hospitality and southern flair is filtered through the entire staff and all of the service is wonderful.  Once a waitress helped my reconstruct their hurricane to reflect Pat O’Brien’s Hurricane and she knew exactly what I was talking about because she was from New Orleans.  Needless to say that was the best hurricane I’ve had outside of the quarters (Oh yeah…it’s like that).

The Cuisine:
Pictured below are our selections.



Our appetizer plate


Shrimp poulette

Ceasar Salad

My plate: Fried Oysters, Shrimp and a Sweet Potato

Hill's Plate:  Shrimp and Grits (It was delightful)

We ended up splitting everything anyway(except my sweet potato). I draw the line at that. :) 

Rhys and his day before school Sundae (It's a family tradition)

This place rocks….but don’t take my word for it. Try it for yourself.

-Astrya

1 comment:

Erin F. said...

You had me at shrimp and grits. Believe it or not, I have never been to babins.